Institute: IIM Kashipur
Programme Start Date: 26th November, 2022
Batch Number: 01
Deadline To Apply: 22nd November, 2022
Programme Type: D2D
Class Timings: Saturday – 09:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Did you know that Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) are the two main pillars of Data Science and are subsets of Artificial Intelligence? With these evolving tech elements, businesses can actually take home valuable outcomes from the vast world of data science. Organisations need to understand that innovation is the only way forward.
IIM Kashipur’s Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Machine Learning & Deep Learning (PGCPMLDL) is designed to introduce and demonstrate machine learning and deep learning concepts in various business applications. This programme will use open-source platform Python to demonstrate and help participants learn the new tech components. This advanced one-year programme is intended to equip the participants with a clear understanding and differentiation between AI and ML concepts frequently used in the industry.
- Contextually designed 12-month programme for working professionals
- Campus immersion module of 4 days
- Taught using the open-source platform – Python
The programme will be taught using Python machine learning and deep learning libraries. Libraries/packages that will be used in the programme are numpy, pandas, matplotlib, scikit-learn, tensorflow, keras, and nltk, among others. Participants would be completing assignments, quizzes, and a capstone project.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Equip learners with a clear understanding of AI and ML concepts
- Familiarise students with advanced ML and DL programming, tools, and techniques
- Demonstrate how ML and DL can be applied in to resolve business problems
- Upskill or transition successfully into the field of data science
There will be a mix of online sessions (129 hours) and on-campus sessions (24 hours). The online sessions will be conducted via a state-of-the-art Interactive Learning (IL) platform and delivered in Direct-to-Device (D2D) mode that can be accessed by learners on their Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone.
There will be 4 days of campus immersion at IIM Kashipur.
The in-campus modules are subject to the conditions that prevail at that point of time. These conditions pertain to the pandemic or other unavoidable reasons. In case the on-campus module is not confirmed due to COVID-19 situation, the same will be included in the total number of online sessions.
Who Should Attend?
- This programme is ideal for Engineers, Marketing & Sales Professionals, Domain Experts, and Software & IT Professionals.
- The programme is meant for business and data analysts and mid-stage professionals looking to upskill or transition into the field of data science.
- Professionals with a background in mathematics, statistics, and engineering are preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4)/two Years Master’s Degree or Equivalent from a recognised university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- Work experience of at least TWO years is preferable after completion of the qualifying education.
- Prior knowledge of Statistics and Mathematics at the high school level is preferred.
- Participants who fulfil the above criteria but are not working currently are also eligible for the programme.
*Internships and Trainee experiences are not considered as Full-time work experience
Admission will be based on the overall profile of the applicants.
Assessment and Certification
Performance of participants will be monitored on a continuous basis through quizzes, assignments, tests and examinations. The participant is required to score minimum marks/grades as decided by the Institute from time to time to complete the course. The evaluations are designed to ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage practical learning. Students who successfully clear the same along with the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a Certificate from IIM Kashipur as appropriate.
Qualifying criteria for assessments: 60%
A minimum of 75% attendance is a prerequisite for the successful completion of the programme.
|Instalment|| I|| II|| III|| IV|
|Date||At the time of application||Within one week of offer rollout||10th January 2023||10th April,|
|Amount (in ₹)*||3,900|| 52,000||52,000||52,000||45,100|
*GST will be additional as applicable.
|Application Closure||29th August 2022|
|Induction Date||1st October 2022|
|End of programme (Last session including assessment)||October 2023|