Institute: IIM CALCUTTA
Programme Start Date: 3rd September, 2022
Batch Number: 04
Deadline to Apply: 8th September 2022
Delivery type: MDP
Class Timings: Saturdays: 6:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
Operations Management is a multi-disciplinary field involving planning, organising, and supervising, in the contexts of production, manufacturing, or the provision of services. With delivery as the goal, it transforms organisational inputs into customer-facing outputs, successfully and efficiently. The operations function requires the management of both the strategic and day-to-day production of goods and services. Operations managers are responsible for managing all company operations and processes including process design, improvement, and optimisation; quality management; process, and strategic decision-making. Additionally, they require a specific skill set that includes organisation, communication, and strategic thinking abilities.
IIM Calcutta’s Executive Programme in Operations Management is designed to equip professionals and practitioners with comprehensive and contemporary concepts and practices of Operations Management in the services and manufacturing sectors. As a business strategy, Operations Management is a key element in the improvement of productivity and quality; reducing costs and delivery times; and enhancing value creation. The programme will help develop a thorough understanding of efficient and effective management of processes, resources, and competencies.
- Contextually designed one-year programme for working professionals
- Campus immersion module of 5 days
- Solving real-world operations problems as project work
- Peer-learning & networking opportunities
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status
The programme will be offered through a unique blend of the diverse pedagogical tools such as case studies, industry examples, role-plays, simulations and games, and analytical tools.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Learn to design core operational capabilities of the organisation with process modelling and operations analytics
- Learn to analyse the complexities posed by operations processes using analytical tools and techniques
- Improve organisational performance by integrating operations strategy with management science, information systems, and cross-functional capabilities
- Acquire requisite managerial and leadership skills and competencies for higher roles in Operations Management
Sessions will be conducted via a state-of-the-art Interactive Learning (IL) platform and delivered in Direct-to-Device (D2D) mode that can be accessed by learners on their Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Smartphone.
- There will be 5 days of campus immersion at IIM Calcutta, which will be scheduled towards the middle or end of the programme.
- It is mandatory for participants to attend the campus visit for successful completion of the programme.
- The campus visit will be conducted subject to the evolving pandemic situation and will depend on government and institute regulations, advisories, and guidelines related to the pandemic.
- In case the campus module is not confirmed due to any reason, the same will be
included in the total number of online sessions.
Who Should Attend?
- This programme is specially designed for managers who plan to further their careers in both service and manufacturing organisations. Executives working in below functional domains too will find the programme both challenging and stimulating.
- Working professionals with at least 3 years of work experience in an operations management role (manufacturing, design, procurement, production, logistics, sales and distribution, service delivery, and programme & project management
- Working professionals functioning in strategic activities like network optimisation, supply chain design, process technology management, innovation management, designing improvement programmes, and product/process configuration
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or equivalent, or 2-year Master’s degree or equivalent from institutions or universities recognised by UGC/AICTE/AIU/DEB
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks of all years in either bachelor’s or master’s degree or its equivalent
- Candidates should be working & should have a minimum of 3 years of work experience* post completion of qualifying education
Final selection will be done by IIM Calcutta
*Internships and training experiences will not be considered in fulltime work experience
- The selection will be based on candidate’s overall profile evaluation, subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
- Candidates will have to submit an SOP (Statement of Purpose) while applying, along with other relevant documents