Institute: IIM Calcutta
Programme Start Date: 22nd September, 2022
Batch Number: 15
Deadline to Apply: 08th September, 2022
Programme Type: LDP
Class Timings: Thursdays: 6:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
Sundays: 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Sales and Marketing are two independent but interconnected business functions within an organisation that are integral to revenue generation. While their primary goals are different, the ultimate goal of Sales & Marketing is common to ensure customer satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy for a brand, product, or service. Despite their differences, sales and marketing efforts give their best results when they are aligned with each other. Hence it is essential that they work in tandem to achieve broader organisational goals.
IIM Calcutta’s Executive Programme in Sales & Marketing (EPSM) is designed to help participants develop a broad understanding of emerging Sales & Marketing frameworks and their relationships with other business functions to drive organisational growth. The programme will focus on contemporary Sales & Marketing practices including brand, services, distribution channel management, and people management issues. Besides achieving synergy between in-field practice and in-class learning, the programme would also provide opportunities for specialised focus on Sales Management for Pharmaceuticals, Banking and Financial Services, FMCG Industries, and Industrial Product Sales.
- One-year online programme for working professionals
- Campus immersion module of 4 days
- Simulation Component & Capstone Project Component
- Peer-learning & networking opportunities
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status
The programme will leverage technology and employ a highly interactive pedagogy consisting a judicious blend of blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes, project and assignments.
Key Learning Outcomes
After completing this program, participants should develop a deeper understanding of sales and marketing and their respective business functions. Specific objectives of the program are to help participants to:
- Understand and identify challenges in today’s marketplace
- Understand conceptual frameworks in sales and marketing
- Understand customer and market orientation for business success
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a manager dealing with sales and/or marketing
- Learn to manage, motivate, and lead sales and marketing teams
- Understand the fundamentals of channel design and development
Sessions will be conducted via a state-of-the-art Interactive Learning (IL) platform and delivered in Direct-to-Device (D2D) mode that can be accessed by learners on their Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Smartphone.
There will be 4 days of campus immersion at IIM Calcutta, which will be scheduled towards the end of the programme.
It is mandatory for participants to attend the campus visit for successful completion of the programme. The campus visit will be conducted subject to the evolving pandemic situation and will depend on government and institute regulations, advisories, and guidelines related to the pandemic. In case the campus module is not confirmed due to any reason, the same will be included in the total number of online sessions
Who Should Attend?
- This programme is specially designed for working/self-employed professionals wishing to pursue a career or acquire contemporary knowledge and skills in Sales & Marketing.
- Junior and middle level executives looking to making a career in Sales & Marketing in Pharmaceuticals, FMCG, Banking & Financial Services, Industrial Products, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or equivalent, or 2-year Master’s degree or equivalent from institutions or universities recognised by UGC/AICTE/AIU/DEB Minimum 50% aggregate marks of all years in either Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or its equivalent
- Candidates should be working/self-employed and should have a minimum of 2 years of work experience (fulltime, paid employment)* post completion of qualifying education as on Application Closure date
Final selection will be done by IIM Calcutta
*Internships and Trainee experiences are not considered as Full-time work experience
- The selection will be based on candidate’s overall profile evaluation, subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
- Candidates will have to submit an SOP (Statement of Purpose) while applying, along with other relevant documents.
Assessment and Certification
Participants are evaluated on the basis of examinations for all the courses. Participants will be given any one of the following grades: ‘Excellent’; ‘Good’; ‘Fair’; or ‘Poor’. The cut-off marks for the grades will be revealed but not the actual marks obtained. Those getting not more than two ‘Poor’ grades will get a ‘Certificate of Successful Completion’ of the programme and the course-wise grade list will be mentioned in the certificate. Those getting more than two ‘Poor’ grades will get a ‘Certificate of Participation’ in the programme and the grade list will not be mentioned in the certificate.
A minimum of 66% attendance is a prerequisite for the successful completion of the programme. Participants with less than 66% of attendance will not be permitted to appear for the exams.
|Date||At the time of application||Within 7 days from offer rollout||10th December, 2022||10th March, 2023||10th June,|
|Amount (in ₹)*||1000||95,800||96,800||96,800||96,800|
*GST will be additional as applicable.
Application Closure 14th July, 2022
Induction Date 22nd September, 2022
Session commencement (With or without campus visit) 29th September, 2022
End of programme (Last session including assessment) August 2023