Institute: IIM Lucknow
Programme Start Date: 25th March, 2023
Batch Number: 07
Deadline To Apply: 13th January, 2023
Programme Type: D2D
Class Timings: Saturday – 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM. (with 30 minutes break in between) *Some sessions will be scheduled on Sundays or on public holidays for timely completion of the programme
Strategic leadership is a leader’s ability to visualize, plan, lead, and make the best out of the resources they have to execute strategies efficiently and successfully. Organisations around the globe are looking for strategic leaders in order to reinvent operational practices, mitigate risks, scale the business to a new level. IIM Lucknow’s Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders (APSL) polishes your skills to help you emerge as a strategic leader. The course will help you develop a detailed understanding of how to make the best use of your current skills with the necessary vision to make systemic changes to the way your organisation moves forward.
Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders
The Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders from IIM Lucknow is a comprehensive programme designed to impart core knowledge and skills required to lead a business or organisation from a strategy perspective. The curriculum will expose participants to basic concepts and framework of strategy and help them learn strategy formulation at different levels of an organisation. Further, participants will be taught to link strategy formulation and strategy implementation and acquire in-depth insights into advanced topics in strategy.
A business strategy is a set of guiding principles that when communicated and adopted in the organisation, generates a desired pattern of decision-making. (Harvard Business Review).
A coherent strategy is what separates a successful organisation from others. However, executing an organisational strategy to perfection is a team effort front-ended by leaders.
“Strategy is nothing without effective leaders to execute.”
In contemporary organisations, there are two major strategic roles of leaders:
- Outlining the organisational strategy, i.e., Strategy Formulation
- Developing systems and processes to ensure strategy realisation, i.e., Strategy Implementation
- Contextually designed 11-month programme for working professionals
- Campus immersion module of 3 days
- Focus on real business use cases
- Peer-learning & networking opportunities
- IIM Lucknow Executive Education Alumni status
Group Project Discussion And Presentation
The course will be taught with the help of case studies, live corporate examples and discussions. In order to provide greater industry insights, business leaders from different industries may be invited to share their experiences.
- Comprehensive case analysis and presentation on strategy
- Session specific case analysis and presentation
- The candidates will submit the business plan/strategy at the end of second module. Submitted plan/strategy to be implemented during third module. A report shall be prepared, presented, and discussed during the campus module
- Project(s) will be done in groups of three or four participants
This programme enables participants to understand concepts like:
- The meaning of strategy and relevance of strategic decisions
- Conceptual framework in strategic management
- Strategy types, formulation, and implementation
- Strategy in organisational and functional context
- Change management and transformation
Sessions will be conducted via a state-of-the-art Interactive Learning (IL) platform and delivered in Direct-to-Device (D2D) mode that can be accessed by learners on their Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Smartphone.
There will be 3 days of campus immersion at IIM Lucknow.
The in-campus modules are subject to the conditions that prevail at that point in time. These conditions pertain to the pandemic or other unavoidable reasons. In case the on-campus module is not confirmed due to the COVID-19 situation, the same will be included in the total number of online sessions.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers at any level seeking to sharpen their strategic effectiveness
- Experienced professionals who currently hold or are likely to hold decision-making and strategic planning roles
- Consultants who are working on strategic change initiatives
- Graduate or equivalent (10+2+3) or Diploma (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or post-graduate with minimum 50% aggregate marks of all years
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience.
* Internships and training experiences are not considered as full-time work experience
Students would be selected on the basis of their application forms and the statement of purpose submitted along with their applications.
Assessment and Certification
Evaluations will be based on:
- Comprehensive examination covering all Strategy themes taught until the completion of the program (Weightage 50%)
- Case Analysis presentations (Weightage 10%)
- Project Report Submission and Presentations (Weightage 40%)
Participants are expected to attend all sessions of a given course. However, a 75% minimum attendance requirement would be considered for the final grading.
|Instalment||Instalment I||Instalment II||Instalment III|
|Date||At the time of Application||Within one week of the offer roll out||10th November 2022||10th February 2023|
|Amount (excluding GST)||7,500||77,500||82,500||82,500|
*Taxes will be added as applicable
|Application Closure Date||29th July 2022|
|Programme Start Date||13th August 2022|
|Course Completion Timeline||July 2023|