Institute: IIT Delhi
Programme Start Date: 9th July 2022
Batch Number: 01
Deadline To Apply: 15th June 2022
Programme Type: MDP
Class Timings: Saturday or Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The 21st century is ruled by data. The science of data has become indispensable for businesses, as it helps enhance efficiency in understanding their customers and decision-making. Businesses are increasingly relying on data/decision sciences for strategic decision-making. Hence, the role of both Data Scientists and Decision Scientists, are important for business growth.
IIT Delhi’s Advanced Certification in Data Science and Decision Science is specifically designed to equip professionals with expertise in both the verticals of Data Sciences and Decision Sciences. The objective of the programme is to impart expertise in data handling, analytics, cognitive sciences, and relevant analytical tools and techniques. The advanced curriculum will gear you up for an analytics career that will bring a positive shift in your career graph.
- A programme from IIT Delhi, #5 in NIRF Rankings 2021 in ‘Engineering’ category; and among top 2 Indian Institutes as per QS World University Rankings 2022
- Contemporary concepts and tools of data & decision sciences
- Holistic understanding with capstone project implementation
- Certification from CEP, IIT Delhi
Live Lectures | Tutorials | Lab Sessions | Guest Lectures
Key Learning Outcomes
After the completion of the programme, the candidate is expected to meet the following objectives:
1. Have a good understanding of business analytics as an overall domain with greater focus on the complex methods of analytics involving data science and decision science.
2. Develop an acumen towards problem solving and implementation of mathematical concepts for complex data analysis.
3. Develop an acumen to understand and analyse datasets with descriptive, predictive, prescriptive and cognitive science algorithms.
4. Enable problem solving ability through hands on exercises and capstone projects.
5. Gear up for a transition towards an analytics career whereby the shift may happen within the organisation or in a new organisation.
Live online sessions (Direct-to-Device)
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals aspiring to gain a foothold in the data sciences and analytics domain
- Data science professionals seeking to gain in-depth knowledge of the key aspects of analytics and decision sciences
- Experienced leaders willing to deep dive into decision sciences to gain assistance in their decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks
- Understanding of 10+2 level maths
- Selection based on application and personal interview
Please note: Internships and Training Experiences will not be considered in full time work-experience
Applications will be reviewed based on eligibility and subsequent shortlisting process as laid down by the Programme Coordinator.
Assessment and Certification
- Each vertical (Data Science and Decision Science) will have equal weightage of 100% each.
- 40% – Two examinations for each vertical i.e., Data Science and Decision Science
- 40% – Capstone Project Implementation
- 20% – Case studies, in-class assessments, and data/mathematical modelling problems
Minimum 50% attendance in both, lectures and labs.
|Instalment I||Instalment II||Instalment III ||Instalment IV |
|Date||To be paid within 7 days of offer rollout||30th August, 2022||30th October, 2022||30th December, 2022|
|Amount (in ₹)*||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750|
* GST @18% will be charged extra in addition to the fee
|Application Closure Date||15th June, 2022|
|Interview Dates||18th and 19th June, 2022|
|Offer Roll out Date||23rd June, 2022|
|Programme Start Date||9th July, 2022|
|Programme End Date||25th June, 2023|